In the Making - Summer Intern Program for High School Students
ReCreate is putting together a team of high school interns to focus their efforts on assisting in our Maker Camps this summer. Our intern team will work collaboratively with the ReCreate Staff and Makers in Residence for the summer committing 12-20 hours per week. Ideal candidates would have an interest in robotics or technology, DIY projects and the maker movement.
Our interns will work through the projects offered in the camp a week prior to camp, and then assist us with the camp program. We are also interested in finding a few candidates to record our efforts for the week and portfolio our experiences.
Position Start Date
Position End Date
12–20 hours a week, and an occasional community event on an evening or weekend.
Schedule would be 12 hours one week and approx.. 20 hours the alternate week.
- Hands on learning of the maker camp projects – making samples and learning best practices.
- Preparing camp materials and supplies
- Brainstorming and implementing creative activities that we can add to camp projects
- Assisting as student helpers in Maker Camps
- Other duties as assigned
The intern will learn about the processes and resources involved in developing and producing diverse museum programming and a major weekend festival. He/she will meet and work with various museum staff, as well as have the opportunity to meet members of the maker community.
This is an excellent opportunity for students interested in non-profit public programming, event development and planning, and the maker movement. Interns will acquire hands on experience and get an inside view of museum public programs and major events. The intern will also have the opportunity to attend or participate in departmental, project team, and all-staff meetings, as well as museum events.
- Current high school student or just graduated.
- Demonstrated interest in maker-related interests and STEAM focused learning
- Comfortable with MS Office, Blogging, Vlogging and social media.
- A few evening and weekend events may be required
- Must enjoy helping younger students
- Must be able to provide three references
Summer Intern Application for High School Students